Makola ready to face former side.

The Absa Premiership resumes this weekend, with Orlando Pirates hosting Free State Stars at Orlando Stadium.


Midfielder Mpho Makola has expressed his relief after seeing the end of the break and said he was looking forward restarting the league campaign with a home match against his former team.

He was talking to the club website about the upcoming game against Free State Stars. 


OPFC.com: Sure Mpho. Can you share your thoughts on facing your former Team this weekend?

Mpho Makola (MM): Phew, it’s going to be a tough game hey. We have been training hard and we are prepared to face them. Personally I have nothing to prove therefore I will approach this match like any other game.


OPFC.com: The last time we faced Stars at home we beat them 2-0 with you scoring one of the goals. How does it feel scoring against your former teammates?


MM: What I remember about that goal was that I had mixed emotions about it. I was happy to score for my team Pirates but I also I had respect for them as my former Team and that is why I didn’t celebrate that goal. The reality is that I am an Orlando Pirates player now but at the same time I cannot forget about where I come from hence I needed to show my former team respect by not celebrating.


OPFC.com: Do you predict a goal this time around?


MM: [Laughs] you are putting me on the spot here. Listen I can’t say whether I’m going to score or not but obviously if it comes I will welcome the opportunity, the most important thing is for me to play well and contribute to the overall team effort. At the end of the day the three points are more important than anything else.


OPFC.com: How have been the preparations been like during the FIFA break?

MM: We have been training well and working real hard at keeping match fit. We had a friendly match over the weekend so the preparations have been great and we will continue from where we left off before the break.


OPFC.com: Any message to the Ghost?


MM: I just want to say, please come to Orlando Stadium in your numbers. I know we had a bit of a stumble along the way but I personally believe we are back on track. We are grateful for the support you always give us and will fight to collect maximum points.


OPFC.com: That’s it for today, thank you for your time.


MM: It’s always a pleasure.


Source: orlandopiratesfc.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.