Questions with Makhanya

 Newly signed Moroka swallows player Joseph Makhanya talks about settling down at Swallows.

Siyabonga Sangweni(SS): How has your stay been with the team so far?

Joseph Makhanya (JM): So far I am enjoying myself very much. The team is doing very well and we are on track in pursuit of our internal objectives.

The recent result against Orlando Pirates was not a true reflection of our performance on the pitch. Regardless,we are moving forward and our campaign is still on track.

SS: The team had a great start; do you think the recent results will hamper our progress?


JM:
Not at all! As I have indicated, the recent results are not a true reflection of our performance on the field and we are all well aware of this. In the league game, we dominated Orlando Pirates for the entire 90 minutes and they scored an equalizer in the 94thminute. That should be an indication of how we ruled the park in Orlando Stadium. Yes, we didn’t collect maximum points but I think we did well against Pirates in their own back-yard.

SS: How was it to play against your former team twice in a short space of time?


JM:
Yes, of course a few emotions were evoked. I spent almost 10 years playing for Orlando Pirates so emotions where bound to arise.

SS: What kind of emotions?


JM:
Orlando Pirates was my home for almost 10 years. Playing against them competitively was a bit strange. But I’m a professional soccer player, I’m with Moroka Swallows now and I have to focus on the job at hand. Our team is doing well and I have to contribute by giving my best performance at all times.

SS: What would you say to our supporters after the consecutive draw and loss against Pirates?


JM:
They need to understand that this is soccer, sometimes you win but sometimes you lose. We played very well and we now need to leave the frustration of disappointment behind us and concentrate on winning our future games to make our supporters proud. To be honest, I think our level of performance has boosted our confidence.

We are still buzzing as a squad and we cannot wait for our next opponent. Our supporters must come in numbers to the stadia to support us and we will make them proud. I noticed at our previous games the number of supporters has increased and this is wonderful. The Maroon & White in the stands was very visible from the field.

SS: What are your personal objectives for the season?


JM:
I want to improve my current form. I want to create and score more goals for my team.

SS: Makhanya, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule, baba.


JM:
Thank you for extending the opportunity for me to communicate with my new family. I am proud to be a Dube Bird! 

source:morokaswallows.co.za

No comments

Powered by Blogger.