Maarten Stekelenberg: I don’t feel the pressure from the club management


It’s been 3 years since Ajax Cape Town won the Telkom knockout competition and that was in the 2007/08 seasons when they beat Orlando pirates 2-1 in Durban.

New Ajax Cape Town coach Maarten Stekelenberg doesn’t see himself as been under pressure to bring trophies at Ikamva

“I don’t feel the pressure from the club management, they don’t put pressure on me to win trophies. We have a fantastic squid and very talented team; we feel the pressure on ourselves to try to be on top of the league.”

The coach though says that on match day he does feel the pressure to win games

"I feel relaxed but on match days I feel the pressure, I really want to win games, when you lose or draw its not a not a nice feeling. So that is want you trying to avoid."

Many of the Ajax Cape Town fans would feel that the team stand a good chance to bring back the glory days when they won this  the team won this tournament.

Christopher Maqashu



No comments

Powered by Blogger.