Rodgers : I haven’t scored a brace in like four years now

 
While Santos season hasn’t been going well so far, main striker Eleazar Rodgers has been enjoying good form of run in front of the goals.

Rodgers has recently scored a brace against Orlando Pirates; this was the strikers’ first brace in over four years.

“I haven’t scored a brace in like four years now and this is my second brace in my career. Now I’m going to stay focus and take each game at a time, I can reach the top goal scoring come end of the season.”

The striker believes that each game is very important and also he needs to stay focus on the goal ahead for him.

“ Consistence will help me and obviously taking all my chances, even if they are small chances. I’m up against the likes of Katlego Mphela and Siyabonga Nomvete, top Bafana players for the top goal score award.”

There has be out cry from the Cape football fans saying that there aren’t enough players from Cape Town in the national team. We spoke to Rogers and here what’s his views about this problem and why does he this is the case.

“In same of the cases we are over looked by the Bafana coach but I’m a believer in God and if you deserve it he open the doors for you. We are doing well and its good that you getting notes by the Bafana coaches when you do well and also you expect a reward.”


No comments

Powered by Blogger.