Erasmus and Bacela happy with first derby

Strikers Kermit Erasmus and Lennox Bacela have expressed their satisfaction following their Soweto Derby experience over the weekend. 

Despite the unfavorable result against rivals Kaizer Chiefs, the newly signed forwards say they are pleased with the way they presented themselves in their first Derby. 

Bacela who was playing in his second match for the Buccaneers said:

“The first Soweto Derby for me was exciting and intimidating at the same time. The stadium was packed and a lot was expected from us. 

 “We are obviously disappointed with the loss, but I think as a team we can only get stronger from this point on. 

We put in the effort especially in the second half but unfortunately that goal didn’t come but overall I think there are a lot of positives to take from this encounter. We have a big game over the weekend (against Al Ahly) and that’s what we need to focus on.” 

Meanwhile, Erasmus used the opportunity to thank the Ghost for the support given to him over the weekend. 

 “Playing in the derby is a fantastic experience - the derby is a massive match in the South African football calendar. We (players) all dream about playing in this game but not everyone gets the chance - and I am glad to have been part of it.” 

He added: “The fans showed me a lot of love which I really appreciate. I have no doubt in my mind that with them (supporters) by our side, a lot of good things can be achieved this season.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.