Bacela ready for his first soweto derby

 
Lennox Bacela is looking forward to his first Soweto Derby. Although the newly signed striker will be on the bench for the Carling Black Label Cup clash, he is hopeful to get a run in the pre-season Derby against arch-rivals Kaizer Chiefs on Saturday. 

The Bucs forward revealed this morning that the prospect of playing at a fully packed FNB Stadium, has upped the ante ahead of this encounter. 

“I’m settling in pretty well at the club,” said Bacela. 

“The atmosphere has been very positive and the players have welcomed me with open arms. 

“I was thrown in the deep end against AC Leopards last weekend and that has worked wonders for my overall confidence – especially in view of the match over the weekend. 

“The Soweto Derby is a match that involves a lot of emotions and one has to be at his best. From the bench I will have a chance to read the game and be ready to make a difference.” Bacela also said that on Saturday he will do all he can to help the team retain the cup. 

“Every player wants to start a match of this magnitude but even though I won’t be - I hope to be at my best because I know how much this trophy means to the fans and the club. 

“We have to win and that’s all we care about going into this match,” he concluded.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.