Mathe sign new deal






The clubs initial decision was made due to the fact that they were not in a position to commit to offering him a new deal until the coach was appointed.

The Dikwena player has penned a new one-year deal, with an option for a further season, and is hoping to help the side into the top eight in the 2012/13 campaign.

“I am really happy to have signed a new deal, I always wanted to stay at the club and I can’t wait for the new season to start,” Mathe said.

The 31-year-old was in excellent form for Stars last season before injury kept him out between September and March. But he is now injury free.

“It was very frustrating for me because the club had a good start to the season following wins against Ajax Cape Town and Bloemfontein Celtic and I felt part of that. Then I had to sit out following my serious Achilles injury in the home games against Black Leopards and watch the guys struggle a bit and that was hard. But we ended the season well and I am fit, I don’t feel any pain anymore.”

Mathe says he is also looking forward to working with coach Cavin Johnson in the new season.


“We saw last season that he is a very good coach who understands the players and is very open to them. I think he can bring us trophies here and I want to be a part of that.”

“The spirit in the camp was very high towards the end of last season and that showed in the results. We must look for a top eight finish as well as strong showings in the cup competitions now and personally I just want to play as much as possible.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.