Benni excited about the league title

Striker Benni McCarthy has revealed that he has one more goal to fulfil before he can finally call to an end a career filled with many achievements.

McCarthy, who became a league winner in a third different country following his previous successes in Europe, this weekend after Pirates defeated Golden Arrows 4-2 says he is hungrier for more success.

“Winning the league at home was always a dream I had,” said the Bafana Bafana all-time top goal scorer. “At times I would wonder if it would ever be possible and here it is, it has happened.

“I just had to choose the right team that had a great ambition and I am glad that I joined Orlando Pirates because with them I was able to achieve my goal.”

He adds: “After the game the Chairman (Dr Irvin Khoza) reminded me of what he had said to me when I came back to South Africa. He was very open with me and said that if I wanted to win trophies, I stood a great chance of doing that only with Orlando Pirates. His words inspired me and here I am - a champion in a great team.

“Now I will be in pursuit of my second dream – I want to play the Champions League again, and fight harder to win it. It will be great for me to give another go at that medal,” concluded McCarthy.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.