Lebusa name Ajax Captain


Ajax Cape Town head coach Stanley Menzo on Friday morning confirmed Mosa Lebusa as the club’s captain for the 2017-18 Premier Soccer League (PSL) season.

Lebusa, 24, has been with the Urban Warriors since 2009 and has gone on to make over 100 appearances for the First Team since his graduation to the PSL squad from the club’s Youth Academy five years ago.

The Welkom-born defender, who has firmly established himself as one of the best left-back’s in the country, is relishing his new role at Ikamva.

“It means a lot to me, look I have been captain on a couple of occasions in the past, I have learnt a lot from Travis [Graham] and I am looking forward to the challenge,” Lebusa told ajaxct.co.za moments after the appointment was made public to the media.

“I have been here for almost 10 years, it has been a roller-coaster and I have experienced the highs and lows of this team. Now I am going to lead the team, it is a ‘pressure’ and challenge that I welcome and I am looking forward to leading the team.

Lebusa is set to make his debut as permanent skipper in an Absa Premiership clash against Golden Arrows tomorrow evening [Saturday], and the fullback is looking forward to the challenges ahead:

“We have prepared very well, we have worked really hard in pre-season. Come tomorrow, we will just play our own way and just give them a go from the onset.
“I will lead on the pitch, lead by example, and hopefully my teammates will follow,” he concluded.

Everyone at Ajax Cape Town wishes Lebusa the best of luck in his new role at the club.

-BackPage

No comments

Powered by Blogger.